THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

49ers Glen Coffee Retires After Two Years In The NFL

Alabama running back Glen Coffee(notes), announced Friday that he was leaving the game of football. Coffee explained his decision in a statement released through the team. Coffee states, "This has been a tough decision for me to make, but at this time in my life I feel it is best for me that I move on from football. I appreciate what the 49ers, my teammates and coaches have done for me, and I wish them a blessed season and all the best in the future."


Needless to say that this has taken just about everybody by surprise. The 49ers, however, say Glen Coffee is quitting and Singletary says he doesn't know why. Coffee has had a lively competition with Anthony Dixon for carries behind Frank Gore and Coach Singletary had been saying positive things about Coffee.

Glen Coffe is just a second-year player so it kind of hard to believe he's really retiring from the NFL. I think his career was off to a great start and he has so much potential. There is definitely somthing else going on behind the scenes that has not been released just yet. We'll stay tuned in for this one.

0 comments: