THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

R.I.P Alaina Reed Hall-Amini


While browsing the web this evening I came across a post on FreddyO.com that saddened me. Actress and singer Alaina Reed Hall-Amini has passed away. She was 63. Hit the yellow link below for the rest.



This is one of the few African American women who were on TV as I was growing up. She has appeared on Sesame Street as Olivia Robinson for 12 years, however she became popular when she starred on the African-American sitcom on NBC, 227 as Rose Lee Holloway, the apartment landlady and best friend to star Marla Gibbs' Mary Jenkins character.

Reed Hall was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007 and died Thursday at Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica.
 
We have lost two good actresses within days of each other and it is only Tuesday. I don't know how much more tragedy I can take.

0 comments: